Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day 23. FRONT OFFICE!

Day 23. Finally, I reached my major! Front Office for the next 4 or 5 months! Happy or what? HELL YEAH! It was so exciting just to even get my uniform because this time, I sort of get my own uniform with my name on it! :D

So today would be the first day and I given a tour of the areas covered by the Front Office by Diana. Well it was really interesting to be visiting and meeting new people that I'm going to be working with. Excited excited. I can't wait to start my oh so glamorous job! :D
Later, I was then assigned to the Room Controller. Her name is Peggy Ng. My mama for 2 weeks hahaha. So yes, she passed me some guidelines that I should know and remember. Apart from that, she even showed me their Fidelio system, which I swear is totally different from what I learned in school. Oh yeah, now I remember. We had the "not updated" version in college which took about 6 months to update, in which we had already finished the semester and would no longer be studying Fidelio. Whoop tee doo. =.=

Anyways, my task for the day was basically to fill in the details of the guests who had already made their payment for their rooms and search their profiles for the credit card numbers and expiry date. This is for the pre-authorisation "refund". What happens is that before the guest settles the charges for the rooms and miscellaneous expenses, the hotel would actually issue this pre-authorisation just as a deposit. After the guest has settled the payment, the hotel would then refund the deposit supposing it was not used, calculating miscellaneous expenses of 300 per day. If the guest did not use the facilities in the hotel, or dine-in at any of the F&B outlets in the hotel, the hotel would then have to refund the RM300 per day. Or something like that. Hahahaha well I do understand the concept but maybe I can't explain it just quite yet. Just learning to get familiar with the systems and so on.

After I had settled that, again Peggy taught me some of the systems, explaining the types of rooms available in the hotel as well as the number of rooms and executive floors. She also explained the HiltonHonours programs and benefits, which I have to remember :D Trying trying. Not easy to remember everything on the first day right? So anyways that's about all for today. It was pretty fun and I must say that I'm seriously finally enjoying it! :D Can't wait for tomorrow!

No comments: