Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 22. FREEDOM!

Day 22. My final day in Iketeru. Just makes me wanna holler FREEDOM!!! At this point, I was already at the stage where I don't give a shit about the restaurant anymore. I am so done and through with Iketeru! Well like I said before, don't get me wrong, the people there are nice, but it's just that I was sort of uncomfortable with the entire environment of the restaurant. I found myself counting every minute and second that passes by.

So today, I sort of gave them the opportunity to make full use of me I suppose. Everything I was told to do, I accepted patiently. As usual, my job today was to wipe glasses. Same old same old. Today, I was even given the floor plan and the japanese menu of the restaurant. And, the best part was, I got to try the food! I drank up 2 bowls of miso soup, 1 bowl of chawanmushi, a few types of sushi and some champagne. Talk about LUXURY.

P.S: Don't tell my boss :D

Anyways for dinner, I was again assigned to the Teppanyaki area. This time, I got to sort of learn slightly more, as I felt that I had better control of the customers. Like I wouldn't be hesitating much when a customer comes in and I'd be able to serve them without much guidance from the senior team member. Before you know it, it was already 10PM! TIME TO GO HOME!
And that was that. I finally left the dreaded Japanese restaurant! FREEDOM!

No comments: