Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day 24. Living the life :D

Day 24. 2nd day on the job and I was still excited as ever! Like seriously, this department is so much more "ME". I was again assigned with Peggy, my mama :D
So today, I was asked to do some paperwork for Peggy. A whole thick stack! Removing the staples and separating the papers were not as fun as trying out the systems but hey, I was having fun doing it! Prolly half the day was spent completing the task because it was a really really thick stack I must say. LOL.

In between my task, I also went to the Room Service area where I could sort of help and learn some new stuff from Dalin, in managing the room service orders. It was so sweet of him to teach me how to use the Micros system eventhough I was not assigned to the Room Service area yet. He claims that most trainees actually enjoy Room Service because it is very sort of "on-the-go". And yeah, less than an hour in Room Service and I was craving for more! Well I'll be there soon. Soon enough :)

So today, Peggy informed me that she was told to drill me in the next 2 weeks about the systems and the basic checking-in and out process just to prep me up for the reception. Apparently, I am expected to work like a permanent team member soon and I would have to be like an expert on the job. Now that's freaky. And in a way very nice to hear. It's like they're treating me as one of their own. Makes me feel so blessed and honored right? Fairus even gave me more documents to read and remember. AAAAAHHHHH! The pressure! Hahahaha

Today was really interesting because they had a lion dance show going on around the hotel and everyone was so excited to watch! In the office, oranges and angpau were given to the lion dance crew. Fun fun fun. Everyone was like running around to take pictures and videos of the show! It was so funny! I even got angpau's from Ben Li and Christopher :)

Tomorrow I would be assigned with Fairus and let's just hope everything goes well. I'm still as excited as ever and looking forward to learning new things! Yays! Till tomorrow then. Ciaoz. :)

No comments: