Friday, January 30, 2009

Day 21. Suffering in silence

Day 21. Today, things weren't looking so great for me. I guess I am seriously suffering in silence. The start of the day wasn't so great for me as well. I find myself just trying to get away from the presence of people to avoid causing or stirring up any heated arguments. Cos really, I was at the point of possibly yelling at someone for no reason. PMS you would say, but it was solely because I was really tired and I just did not like the environment I was working in. Even the simple task of wiping the glasses annoyed me terribly because the awful stains just would not come off! ERGH!

Although I was posted at the dining area, I sort of made it a point not to go out to the dining area. Instead, I stayed at the back area with Hany, the part-timer and food runner, to wipe cutleries and trays. But after awhile, I slowly started to show myself more in the dining area. In other words, I'm not so much in a shitty mood anymore.

After breaktime, again I was dreading work. I continued my lovely self-assigned task of cleaning the trays and sometimes delivering food or drinks, maybe even grabbing the oshibori for team members who might need it. So yeah, you can pretty much tell I'm just waiting to get through the day, probably enjoying every minute that passes by, a sign that it's time to go home. And today, Tharma the bartender offered me more sake, this time it's hot sake. Well I must say that it sort of tasted the same, but just to make him feel pleased about it, I sort of "lied" and said that it tastes alot better. LOL. The heck I would know. I don't even like sake. In fact, I've never tasted it before this and I don't intend to either.

Well that's the day. 3rd day in hell. I'm just so glad that tomorrow is going to be my last day in the restaurant. I just can't imagine myself working permanently like this. No way in hell. Not in a million years. I'm probably working more than 8hours a day, which is killing and definitely physically and mentally draining. Imagine this, waking up at about 9am to get ready for work at 12pm ( briefing is at 11.45am) and then working till 3pm or even later. So break is until 5.45pm and then we'd continue working till about 10pm or so. This goes on everyday. If you think it's nothing, then good for you. But what I know is that, this job is definitely NOT for me. With that, I rest my case. Kapeesh.

No comments: