Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day 10. Coordinator

Day 10. Today marks the beginning of a new section in Housekeeping, which is being a Coordinator. Well a coordinator basically answers phone calls made to the Housekeeping department, sends jobs to team members such as guest make up requests, defects in rooms and so on. The coordinator also prepares the daily room lists for each team member to clean together with the statuses of the rooms. Quite alot for just one person to handle eh?

Beginning of the day. BORING. Mona the coordinator passes me some log books and rosters to view and understand. Grrr the handwriting was terrible! Obviously it wasn't hers. It was way too horrible! I couldn't even understand a word they were writing. Tulisan cakar ayam. Goodness gracious! Anyways, Mona even taught me how to use the system, which was surprisingly Fidelio, which I had learnt in college but it still looked pretty foreign to me. Nothing looked familiar. S-T-U-P-I-D KDU! So much for learning Fidelio! I have to start all over again!

So I learned how to check room statuses and to send jobs :D Was fun typing in the codes into the computer. It actually made me feel important :)
I was also given the task of writing in the supervisor log book, writing the names of the team members and their shifts. Basically, today was all about me sitting in front of the computer. Which is why my eyes are a little tired from staring at the screen too long. Possible that I'd be heading to bed soon so yeah, that was all for today and I totally look forward to Laundry tomorrow! :D

No comments: