Monday, January 5, 2009

Life in the Hilton world

Well well. It's been awhile since I last wrote here. What can I say, busy busy :P
So, I should actually have updated with the Singapore trip, which was bloody awesome! But somehow I have more important matters to speak about : the Hilton experience!

So so, first day. 5th of Jan. I was so worried that I'd be late to work. See, although KL Sentral is like 15mins away from the place i'm staying, there's always the normal, everyday TRAFFIC JAM!! Estimated travel time, 1 hour. Waking up was of course hard as usual. I needed about 3 alarm clocks just to get my lazy ass outta bed. Seriously, I was THAT lazy. Anyways, after rushing to get ready and grab my stuff, we finally got out from the condo at 8.10. Late as ever. I was already half-crying inside! Thank god the jam was at federal highway and not the road leading to sentral! HALLELUJAH! Well, i finally reached sentral at 8.42. Pretty cool eh? I was early. When i made my way to the security checkpoint, the guard told me that it only opens at 9am! AAAAAHHHHHHH!!! So much for being early!

When I finally went it, it was already 9.08. After all the security checks. Bloody. I could have eaten those JCo Donuts. Damn! Anyways briefing was done by Mr. Boey about the rules and regulations. He's one cool guy. Joking so early in the morning lol.

The other trainess were ok too. There were the Taylor's girls Regina, Rebecca, Ashley and Wei Ling. Really the nicest and friendliest people. We were already laughing about how retarded our uniform looks. Regina and Rebecca were with me in Housekeeping, Ashley in Front Office and Wei Ling in F&B Sudu Restaurant. It was funny how our uniforms were all different and we looked so weird! There were also chef trainees starting today, Siti, Fatimah, Ridzuan, Dennis and Thinesh. They would be in Kitchen training for the entire training duration.


This here is my lovely picture with the Housekeeping uniform. Well I must say, for Housekeeping, it does look pretty nice!

Who would have thought that you might actually need sort of heavy makeup even for Housekeeping staff? NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS!
Heck they even tell you what brand and colour to buy! IM DEAD SERIOUS! It's amazing how they do that! But anyways, the whole staff area is really nice! Food was great even! Buffet! YEAH!

Back to my story. OMG first day and it's hell already. We were supposed to just observe the senior team leaders cleaning rooms today, but it turns out we all had to actually clean the rooms!
Woah my duties specifically from my supervisor for today was:

1. Empty out the garbage cans. ( There were 2 in each room. )
2. Remove the bedsheets and blankets.
3. Make the bed. ( There were many layers and the pillows were fat and fluffy, plus the quilt was really confusing to do. )
4. Wipe all surfaces including the bathrooms.
5. Rearrange all items according to its respective positions.
6. Vacumm the entire room.


Imagine that on your first day. Thank god I managed to get nice team leaders who are the funniest people. Faizal was the crazy gay who turns on the music while cleaning the room and sings while vacumming! He calls me "Mat Saleh" cos apparently my name is too complicating for him. Quote, " Entah ape benda lah nama dia. Panjang giler. Anak mat saleh ler tu. Muka pun lain macam je. " Racist! Lol. Then later I got to follow the supervisor, ( I think his name is Roslan ) around to see what he does with the systems. Thank god they use FIDELIO! Alleluia!!
Next up, Thaung. The Myanmar team leader who was just the sweetest. He'd help me with work( almost doing most of the work during the cleaning of the last couple of rooms ) and teach me loads about the housekeeping department. On top of that, he was pretty good looking too XP

So that basically ends DAY 1. Leaving at about 5.40, I was dead exhausted and just wanted to crash and die on my comfy bed. So that's what I'm going to do now. Till tomorrow. Toodles.

P.S: I know I haven't been really creative with my post this time, but you can't blame me right? I'm dead exhausted. It's even a wonder that I can manage to write up this post. Tchao.

No comments: