Sunday, January 25, 2009

Day 17. Complaints.

Day 17. One of the ordinary days at Sudu. I helped around doing my normal jobs, clearing tables and setting tables. Life was pretty much mechanical at this point, doing exactly the same thing. Today however, was slightly different from the other days. Today, I was pretty much at the back area, where I was helping to refill the sugar bowls and clean out some stuff. Less service in the front I guess. I constantly had to go around bugging people and asking if there was anything I could do to help out.

During the briefing today, it was prolly the scariest briefing ever! All the managers were there, including the F&B Director, Mr. Gerard Walker. We were all notified about a customer from Noodle Room last night who had complained personally to Mr. Gerard Walker about his/ her noodles being tasteless. Well of course that was bad because Mr. Walker had then personally bombarded the managers who then bombarded us! So yeah, it was pretty crazy! I felt really bad because I was assigned to Noodle Room last night, when the customers were having their meal but really, no one had complained. Later, when I asked my team member who was with me in Noodle Room as well last night, he told me that the complaint had happened after I had left. PHEW. Relieve. And there I was feeling guilty, thinking that perhaps it could have been my fault. Well thank god for that!

After dinner, I was again assigned to the Noodle Room. And this time, I was confident enough to handle my own tables and what nots. I already knew what had to be done and what should not be done, well only occasionally asking for help from my senior team members. And today, I had to do OT because I was helping Anuar with some computer work. I could do it really fast because it only involved typing out some stuff. And because of my OT, I was brave enough to beg for a change in my shift the next day, so that I could go home earlier to avoid the traffic jam on the highway. SUCCESS!

No comments: