Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day 15. Noodle

Day 15. Today was THE day that I was feeling totally unwell. Stomach hurts like crazy. But still,I had to bare with the pain and just get on with work. Right after coming in, I was made the runner for Noodle with Anuar, the assistant manager of the outlets. Delivering food, I struggled with the table numbers and food. Goodness gracious it was pretty chaotic. I never knew that people would actually crowd the restaurant, knowing that the prices were FANTASTIC. Oh well, guess I'm poor then. Guess I did pretty ok, considering my tummy was killing me! Grrr I felt hot & cold and my body was shivering slightly. I seriously thought I was going to faint. But thank goodness, I managed to get a panadol from one of the team leaders and it did wonders! I actually felt a lot better and survived right up till the end of my shift, without any pain :)

Today, I learned how to fold the napkins. Yes it may sound silly but I looked pretty dumb trying to figure it out at first. Finally, a team member offered some help and teached me the proper way of folding the napkins. PHEW. What a relieve! Or else I'd prolly still be standing there and attempting to fold. So yeah, that was basically it. Oh I even managed to take a couple of orders today. And all by myself too :D Guess I'm finally starting to fit in. I could even key in the table order into the Micros as well. Thats the computer thingy that they use to key in the orders, instead of sending the order to the kitchen, which I thought was pretty cool.

Slowly but surely, I'm beginning to get used to the table numbers as well. Guess it just takes time to remember. I could even explain some stuff on the menu! Yay me! I'm not doing that bad after all :D

No comments: