Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day 14. 2nd Day at Sudu

Day 14. It was my 2nd day in Sudu coffeehouse at Hilton KL. Coming in at 1pm, I could sort of guess why I was placed in that shift! I'd have to go through lunch and dinner! How unfair! Each trainee normally would go through lunch or dinner only. But not me. I was "fortunate" enough to get both. Even their permanent staff don't do both. Grrrrr. Cheap labour. But oh well, I'll put it as they want me to learn and experience more, since I was only going to be there for about a week. Guess it does help that I'm doing extra.

Anyways, today I was posted to Noodle section. We'd have all sorts of noodles there and customers could select their dishes on their own. Sort of like a " Pick- Your-Own-Style" kinda thing. Table setting and serving is much easier at noodle as there are less items to be done. I was however still very unsure about the table numbers and menu. It was quite confusing really. None of it actually made sense. Table 1 would be in one corner and Table 2 in another. Grrrrr. I'll eventually learn. I hope.

Today, I was even thrown to be steward for about an hour. Wiping the cutleries, I had no idea that they had particular styles of wiping the cutleries. A senior, Raymond ( who happens to only be 17 yrs old ) was teaching me how to wipe the cutleries. I was like, why do you have to wipe it like that? And he says because we need to do things fast. So I was like ooohkay. I quickly wiped and settled it. But it seemed never-ending as more and more cutleries came in. Finally, I was told to go out and help! Yays! No more stinking cutleries! :D

So there is nothing much to be said about today except that I am slowly beginning to learn better. I even took my first order today, as it meant just collecting the order sheets and repeating the orders. Kinda like in Old Town Kopitiam where they give you the order forms to fill in yourself. Pretty cool eh? And that was it for the day. Wonder what happens tomorrow :)

No comments: