Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 3. Toilet expert.

Well well. Day 3. Today had been less tiring than yesterday. I started pretty early today as I wanted to meet the twins Regina and Rebecca for breakfast. And boy it was worth it! Sausages and eggs. Yummy! Food!

So today was not that bad. We did not clean as many rooms. And one thing's for sure, I have finally mastered the art of cleaning the entire toilet area. That includes the cleaning of the toiletbowl, polishing the glass doors, wiping of the shower area, cleaning of the bathtub, wiping the sink, replenishing toiletries and last but not least folding of the hand towel, facial towel and bath towel. And let me tell you this. It all involves a certain skill. Sure you may think it's just like any ordinary maid's job, but hell its not! Everything simply has to be perfect. And I mean PERFECT. One mistake and thats it.

Anyways, I'm so glad that my team leader Aliza kinda trusts me more now. Today, she gave me the keys to the executive floors and made me enter the room by myself! Boy was I proud as ever! I dragged the heavy trolley into the room and started my duties. Huge room it was. Double storey covered with mirrors everywhere. More polishing work I guess. So I completed the toilet and shower area by myself. So proud! Aliza came in later after finishing the other room and helped with the bed then. So today, we finished our job early :D

One shocking happening today was during our visit to one of the guest's room. Probably an American, he was having a really bad fever and requested that we set up a hot bath for him. He also explained that his sheets were wet and that he wanted them changed as soon as possible whilst he takes his hot bath. Gosh I had no idea what to feel. Either sympathetic or disgusted. His sheets were soaked and I'm not sure why. Honestly speaking, I don't even wanna know. So this was Aliza's chance to teach me how to perfectly make the bed. Wow I really admire her strength. The bed is like pretty huge and to put up layers of linen, it really takes alot of stamina. Bah I could barely even lift up the bed to tuck in the sheets! Aliza was already giggling while watching me struggle and battle with the bed. Anyways that was done perfectly. After finishing with the bed, Aliza made me speak to the guest to notify him that his bed was made up and that we would like to clean the toilet. So he jumps back right into bed and goes back to sleep. So much for me making the bed right. And perfectly too. Darn it!

Moving along to the toilet. I started my duties as usual. Wiping and cleaning. And then I came to the toilet area. God I nearly puked! The dear guest was having diarrhoea and I guess he was too sick to flush the toilet. *pukes*
So yeah I had to suck it up and just complete my job. Using tons of the sanitiser spray and brushes, I quickly finished up the area. Wiping the area around the toiletbowl was pretty challenging too. Poop everywhere. Oh my god, I know it may sound disgusting but hey, that's what I was dealing with! Well I survived the ordeal and I'm pretty glad I could help freshen up his room just so he would feel alot better. Oh yeah the dustbins were pretty disgusting too. Filled with his dirty used tissues, I was seriously put to the test today. Aliza seemed pretty calm doing everywhere. So I guess I have to be too. Grrrr I hate this part right here.

Thank god that was the last room to clean! I quickly rushed to the pantry to clean my hands and rid myself of the germs that could infect my for now healthy body. Last thing I right now is to fall sick. So that's done and I was allowed to go home. After all, it was already time. My shift ends at 4pm and it was already 4.05. Home I went. And sleep I shall get for tomorrow my shift starts only at 1pm and I get to sleep in! YAY!

Well I do hope that tomorrow I get a pretty good team leader because I don't think I'd be following Aliza. She normally does the morning shifts and I guess I'm feeling pretty nervous just thinking about it. So that's about it for today. I really can't feel my legs now so I'm off to recuperate. More updates tomorrow. Till then, this is me signing out. Tchao.

P.S: No pictures today. We're not allowed to take pictures in the hotel, especially during work. So yeah, too bad I guess. Toodles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank god they dun allow u 2 take photo`s....... who noe`s wat photo`s u might hv taken.......... lol.... they training u 2 b a gud mama i c... hahahaha........