Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day 9. Final Day in PA

Day 9. My final day being a slave. Seriously, I couldn't be happier! I mean really, why would anyone pay so much for college and tuition fees and want to end up being a PA attendant anyways?
Even our local Malaysians are not keen in doing the job. Most of the PA workers are actually foreigners who are working on contract. Sometimes, I actually pity these people as they have to work 12 hours daily. And when I asked how much they earn, one of them told me that their salary does not even reach 1000! Like omigosh! Talk about slavery. They probably only have enough to get them to work daily as well as to pay for their other expenses!

Today was definitely one f***ed up day. Excuse the language. I was just really pissed! Apart from suffering from the embarassment of cleaning toilets and the ballrooms, I was also being harassed by these part-time banquet workers. Bloody assholes! As much as I tried to ignore them, they still continued to harass me. I just could not take it any longer! After the advice of a really caring friend, I went on to complain and report to my supervisor. Wow somebody's gonna get a hurt real bad. My supervisor, Mariam looked pretty pissed! We walked to the 5th floor where THOSE people were and searched for them. Well obviously luck was on their side. They had already gone home. Well at least I felt alot more comfortable working then. My supervisor then was like " If anyone disturbs you again, come tell me and I will SWALLOW them up! " Hahahaha that really made me laugh. Especially the swallowing part. She really looked like she could :P

I went out for lunch just about an hour earlier than my team leader, which meant that I had to look for another team leader to follow just for that one hour. And I decided to tag along with Rebecca's team leader who was known as Mrs. Lazy. The name says it all. She was so taking advantage of us! Making us do practically everything, ditching us to go do her "rounds". Like hello, we all know you're just using us! She made me clean the Hilton entrance doors! How embarassing is that? The doorman and bellboy was there, just looking at me wipe the huge glass door like a retard. And each time I'd have to look up and see if there are people coming. Grrrr! I could just KILL my team leader! Rebecca on the other hand, had to sweep the lobby area, which was equally as embarassing! Hahahaha at least we had fun laughing at each other.

So that's about it for the day. And did I mention that I'm sOoooo glad that PA is over?? :D

No comments: