Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Day 19. Iketeru

Day 19. The start of a new F&B outlet. Well I must say, I was totally dreading the day, ever since I got my timetable at the beginning of my training. First of all, I just have to express my thoughts about this because I can't keep it in any longer. Why on earth would someone in their right mind place me in a Japanese restaurant? Goodness me I swear I would have been better off in Senses, the Australian restaurant or even Vintage Bank, the bar. Seriously, I am NOT Japanese material. I don't even like the food. Now this. Make me learn Japanese and memorise nonsensical Japanese menu's and sake list. OMG.

Iketeru I must say is a really nice Japanese restaurant. It has like sunken rooms and tatami rooms, just like an actual Japanese dining "scene". It was really a peaceful atmosphere with lovely lightings and decorations. So for today, I was assigned to follow Tharma, the some sort of like " bartender". Up and down we go to make coffee and grab beverages from the other outlets because somehow we seemed to have ran out of alot of stuff. Note to self, Item 86 means not available. New term I learned today :D

Basically I was at the back area, doing what I am normally told to do, wipe cutleries,fold napkins and make ocha, which is japanese green tea. Trainee's job I guess. Bloody cheap labour. Anyways, I was really shocked to find out that the chefs in the kitchen actually are Japanese people and that they all speak in Japanese. Even the service team members would speak in Japanese during the briefing, and most of them are Malays and Chinese. Well good for them and awful for me! I don't wanna learn Japanese! NOOOOOOO! But I did get to taste some plum wine today and it was ok. And tomorrow, I'm gonna drink sake for the first time :D

Customers are pretty loyal to Iketeru because they keep coming back. I guess the food must be really good. Well it's not my kinda food but yeah, it doesn't look that bad. Today, we had one of Iketeru's loyal customers in the restaurant and he gave us all an ang pau. That was really generous of him because it was worth about RM5 :)

Honestly speaking, I'm just totally waiting for the 4days to be over. Please please please let me get through the next 3 days. I'd rather go back to Housekeeping than continue in this place. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad or anything, it's just that it's not MY thing. Lord save me.

No comments: