Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day 13. New Department!

Day 13. The start of a new department! Boy was I excited! New uniform, new faces, new environment, new job, new everything. Way better than what I used to do seriously. At least it all makes sense and we're actually dealing with people. Not just toilets and surfaces that needs to be cleaned. I am just so thankful to have gotten through the horrible 2 weeks that I did. If I could, I would just say that it was a complete waste of my time and effort, because obviously one does not have to learn how to clean toilets and wipe tables and surfaces. That's just cheap labour for the hotel. Heck RM200 bucks a month to do such silly tasks is really pathetic.

So first day. I was already instructed to do the usual. Collect plates, serve, take orders, send customer requests, set tables, and so on. Well there was a lot of learning to be done and I was constantly nervous. Who could blame me I guess. First days are never easy. Not only do I not have product knowledge, I was also uncertain about the service methods and procedures. Running up and down, I struggled to learn as much as I could. I was told that I'd learn from my mistakes. Well yes I must say I most certainly did. A couple of mistakes here and there. Nothing big really. And that was my first day in F&B. And I still think it's way better than Housekeeping. Period.

No comments: