Friday, January 9, 2009

Day 5. My oh so glamorous job.

Day 5 at Hellton is definitely looking much better. I tell you I'm seriously loving the afternoon shift timing. And today, I'm proud to say that I DIDN'T WASH ANY TOILETS!! Phew what a relieve. I didn't have to wash any toilets today. In fact, I'm beginning to do way less than I normally do. Tasks for today are simply to make the beds, which I have only mastered just a little. I seem to have alot of problem with the pillows and the duvet. I just can't get it right. Patumah, my team leader, constantly has to help me with it. Well at least I can be proud to say that I can set the bedsheet properly. It is quite an achievement for me I guess. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I can't, it's just that Hilton has its own way of placing and tucking in the bedsheets so I'm only trying to learn the procedures.

So anyways, we can now finish our rooms faster, now that I know pretty much what goes on during a housekeeping visit and what I have to do. Our work was made alot easier and I didn't even realise that it was time to go home already. See, I'm getting used to the work already. Oh yes, before I forget. Today, I just made a fool outta myself! So embarassing! So we were all having dinner right, and one of the staff in suits ( he looks real good ) sat with us and talked to me. So being the friendly person that I usually am, I laughed and joked with him. I saw his nametag and just called him Zizan which is short for Azizan. He was really nice so yeah, we had our conversations flowing. He was asking me alot about work and college.

Briefing for night duty began at 5.30pm. So yeah we were discussing and stuff right, and out of nowhere, Zizan appeared and started the briefing. You should have so seen the look on my face! Shocked as ever! Seriously, with his uniform, I really thought he was in the front office department or something. But it turns out, he's the ASSISTANT EXECUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER! WAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! How embarassing! But yeah, I still think he's nice. And, I think he looks great in his suit too. Well, I can be proud to say that I had lunch with the Assistant Executive Housekeeper of Hilton KL. What an ego booster eh? XP

So there goes my glamorous job. Tomorrow would be the last day I'll be in afternoon shift, as well as the last of me with hotel rooms. So expect to see some pictures tomorrow. I'm gonna attempt to get some pictures of the beautiful rooms I have to clean. Till then, this is me signing out for today. Toodles.

P.S: I managed to smuggle some Hilton sweets out from the hotel. Please don't tell the Security. :P

1 comment:

I.L.C.E. said...

woah! too many things to digest at once haha.. guess reading ur blog kinda prepares me for what i'm going to go through next month. neways i got a confession... i took some brochures and sweets from the concierge hehehe... I guess we are both wanted by the security lol.

btw I'm Ivan from KDU :) nice blog!